verse of the day

Saturday 2 December 2017

God is speaking, ( Romans 1 v 16 - 20 )


       It was reported  on the news recently that light pollution is increasing ,that means when
       we look up into the sky at night we cannot see very many ,if any stars. Now of course this
       has consequences ,we blot out one aspect of seeing the glory of God,not by means entirely.
       The Westminster  confession of  faith begins by saying that ''the lights of nature, and
       works of creation and providence do so far manifest the goodness,wisdom and power of
       God as to leave men inexcusable''. The apostle Paul in Romans 1 v 20, writes how creation
       has a wonderful message for us ,there is a God who has made all things.Of course believing
       in a creator is important,but to get to know that God ,then there must be salvation, that does
       not come through through looking at creation,no it comes  through Christ.

                                            Oh Lord my God when I in  awesome wonder
                                            consider all the works Thy hands hath done,
                                            I see the stars , I hear the mighty thunder,
                                            the power throughout the universe displayed.

                                            When through the woods and forest glades I wander
                                             and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
                                            when I look down  from lofty mountain grandeur,
                                            and hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

                                            And when I think that God His Son not sparing,
                                            sent Him to die - I scarce can take it in,
                                            that on the cross my burden gladly bearing,
                                            He bled and died to take away my sin.

                                           When Christ shall come with shout of  acclamation
                                           and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart,
                                           Then shall I bow in humble adoration,
                                           and there proclaim ,my God, how great Thou art.

                                          Then sings my soul,my Saviour  God, to Thee,
                                           how great Thou art, how great Thou art
                                           Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee,
                                           how great Thou art,how great Thou art.

                                                      (  Words by S.K,Hine )

                                                 
                                         
                                           

                                       

                                 


                                           
     
   

No comments: