verse of the day

Saturday 30 December 2017

Friendship ( Proverbs 18 v 24 )


           I received a Christmas parcel  from the wife of a couple I have  known for years, her husband
           was a minister,he is a person I admired much.We had some good times together, we used to
           play table tennis,he usually won. His Christian background was that of ,'The Brethren', that
           gave him a great grounding in the scripture,and  also presented him with opportunities to
           develop a preaching ministry. We met at Bible college,although on reflection I don't think he
           needed Bible college training,not all people do,I did, and most people do.He always had a very
           good library of Christian books,now he has a very large library,in contrast mine is small,but it
           is growing.Now my friend is feeble,and hard of hearing,and suffers from diabetes,still I know
           if I met up with him today,we would start up where we left off. Most of us value friendship,
            but of course sin has distorted humanity,we are not as sociable as we will be in eternity.In                   heaven  everyone will be our friend,for there will be no class,or  racial, or social
           distinctions.and we will love everyone with a perfect love. As our Saviour walked among
           humanity,He loved the unlovely,the marginalised , yes He loved Judas who sold Him out,He
           even loved Peter who denied Him, He even loved a thief hanging on a cross,and as the old
           hymn says,''He spoke to him words of compassion and took him to Paradise,and wonder of ,
           wonders He loves you ,and yes He even loves me.

                                                                       Jesus
                                           He is my Lord,my Saviour, and my best Friend.
                               

No comments: