verse of the day

Friday 29 December 2017

Don't nod off . ( Genesis 2 v 2 )


       While travelling home recently,I was stuck in a lot of traffic,we where all moving very slowly,
       so there was a lot of breaking and starting,it is times like that,that I am glad I have an automatic.
       but  I was tired.Now you can guess what happened, I dozed off, and gently hit the car in front,
       the driver got out to see the damage,but thankfully there was none,he signalled that all was well,
       then got back into his car. You may asked why had I not taken a brake? ,I had , but it still
       happened.There was a\ reason why I was tired,not enough sleep, yes I will have to be more
       disciplined in going to bed at a more reasonable time.There is an old saying which goes,' You
       cant burn the candle at both ends',and that's true as I found out.We need sleep,it is important,
       that seems obvious,but unfortunately we do not practise it.there are many reasons for this,
       whatever the reason we need to put this into practise.There are many things of course we need
       to put into practise,but let us practise one thing at a time.

                                                                 A  prayer.
                             Dear Lord help to see the importance of rest and
                             sleep,and grant us the grace we need to put this
                             into practise, in Jesus name   Amen

No comments: