verse of the day

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Living water [ John 4 v 10 ]

Not only does Jesus promise that He will give water that can satisfy a person thirst,but he also promised living water.There are places in this water
where people only have polluted water the result is they die.So it is that the vast majority of people are drinking water that cannot satisfy,not only that
but it will destroy them. Malcolm Muggeridge wrote the following,
/I may,I suppose,regard myself,or pass for being,a relatively successful man. People occasionally  stare at me in the streets-that's fame. I can fairly
easily earn enough  to qualify for admission to the higher slopes of the
Inland Revenue- that's success. Furnished with money and a little fame even the elderly,if they care to, may partake of trendy diversions-that's pleasure. It may happen once in a while that something I said or wrote was sufficiently heeded for me to persuade myself  that it represented a serious impact on our time- that's fulfilment. Yet I say to you,and I beg you to believe me, multiply these tiny triumphs by a million, add them all together, and they are nothing- less than nothing,  a positive impediment- measured against  one draught of that living water Christ offers to the spiritually   thirsty,irrespective of who or what they are./
                           I heard the voice of Jesus say
                            Behold,I freely give
                           The living water,thirsty one
                            Stoop down,and drink, and live.
                            I came to Jesus, and I drank,
                             Of that life-giving stream;
                            My thirst was quenched,my soul revived,
                              And now I live in Him.
                                    [Horatius Bonar]

No comments: