verse of the day

Friday 13 March 2015

The dream lives on.[1 John 3 v 1-3]

I read this in a book on the civil rights movement in America,
                  The dream lives on.
                  There's so many things,
                   That have changed.
                   And so many things,
                    That's still the same.
I am assured in Gods word that Jesus loves me unconditionally,but it has been said,that He loves us to much to leave us as we are.We often sing /Jesus You are changing me,by Your Spirit You're making me like You./ In some ways it takes ones breath away,that God has that aim for all of His children,which includes you and I.[ 2 Corinthians 3 v18/ 1 John 3 v2/
     Does that dream live on in our hearts?do we not long to be like Him?,or have we lost the vision, lost the desire?
   Consider the first part  of that saying,/There are so many things that have changed/,as a Christian of many years,I praise God, for the change God has made me in my life,I no longer habitually use bad language,my mind is no longer habitually thinking dirty thoughts,my temper is not as severe as it once was,for this I praise God.
      Consider the second part of that saying,/And so many things,that's still the same/,Yes there is still much that needs to change,I truly am a work in progress.Yes at times I despair at my imperfections,but I have not lost the dream,that He will perfect that which concerneth me.
                                            A  prayer.
Dear God we all are but sinners,but by Your grace we are forgiven,and
accepted through Jesus. We ask that by Your grace You will perfect that which concerneth us,in Jesus name Amen .
    



No comments: