verse of the day

Sunday 29 March 2015

The church is not the building. [ Romans 15v 2-3]

  Last night I was attending our house group,this involves discussion ,based on his Sunday message.I felt that last night things were becoming difficult
and I was aware that I may say the wrong things, inwardly I was praying for God to help me in what I should say,so that I would not stir things up.
     As a Christian of many years I have witnessed and experienced difficulties within church situations,and the one thing I don't want,and I say this with all my heart,I do not want to cause trouble in any church.I do not want to be striving with people ,but striving for the spirit of unity, We must take serious what our Saviour said,that we might be one.
    The New Testament church was not a perfect church,the apostles had to deal with those who were causing trouble[ CP 2 Corinthians 12 v20/ 2 John v9-10./Philippians 4 v2].Things have not changed people have not changed.
     I remember seeing a Charlie Brown cartoon and in it ,the character,was taking credit for the building of the church building,simply because he had paid for a couple of bricks. May be we are like that person we see the church as a building,instead of a body of Gods children, and when we cause division,we are effecting Gods people ,and the importance of unity.
                                        A prayer.
Dear Lord help us to strive for unity within Your church ,Amen.
.

No comments: