verse of the day

Thursday 12 March 2015

A walk of faith. [ Hebrews 11 v 8]

I use a sat-nav in my car,recently when I was driving and using it,the picture
disappeared and all I could hear was the voice giving directions.This reminded me of the Christian, that on our journey to Glory,we are guided,by  Gods word, Psalm 119 v105 reads,/Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,and a light unto my path/.We so often want to see,the whole picture,the reason for things happen,but instead of seeing we are instructed to listen, to what God has to say ,take comfort,from what we hear,to be guided in what we do.The scripture declares if today you hear his voice [Psalm 95v 7-8],
harden not your heart.
  The Bible is full of people who were not prepared to listen,hardened their hearts,and  suffered as a consequence.Likewise we have people who neglect
 to listen as to what God has to say,they are to busy,or they just don't do it,so they rush on. I am sure we have all said, I wish I had listened,yes there
are many ,who seeing the mess they have got into,are saying those words.
    We are not going to see the whole picture ,but as we listen for the voice of God,we will be guided a step at a time,it is called a walk of faith.
                                               A  prayer.
Dear God and Father help us to listen to Your voice,granted unto us discernment,and obedience,in Jesus name  Amen.

No comments: