verse of the day

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Every joy or trial. [Job 2 v 10 ]

  I was visiting a friends home,and my friends wife had made marmalade, a
preserve made usually from oranges It is a favourite with people in this country, especially at breakfast time,on toast.Well I tasted some of my friends wife marmalade,but it was bitter,it appears she had added lemon to the marmalade,I do not like bitter,my taste buds prefer a less bitter taste.
   I am reading the book of Ruth at this time,and of course one of the main characters in the book is Naomi. Now she is a lady who experienced a great
deal of suffering,having to leave her home,live in a heathen land,her husband died,and then her two sons died.She returns home after a period of 10years,and when she returns,the folk there ,asked,are you Naomi?,and she replied call me not Naomi[  meaning pleasant] call me Marah[which means
bitter].
    Then she gives an interpretation , / For the Lord has dealt very bitterly with me,/she did not put her suffering down to chance but to a sovereign God. Every joy or trial falleth from above,traced upon our dial,by the Sun of Love,so wrote the hymn writer.It was the godly Job who declared,shall we
receive good at the hand of God,and shall we not receive evil,and then it adds,in all this Job did not sin with his lips.[ Job 2 v10]
                                       A  prayer
Dear God  we thank You that your will is perfect even though it may mean
a painful experience Amen.
    

No comments: