verse of the day

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Comfort zone. [ Romans 12 v1-2 ]

I attended an evening meal at my local fellowship,which was followed by a speaker,who is involved in prison ministry,he spoke of that moment when he felt challenged to apply for his present position. For Him it meant leaving that placed he called his comfort zone,it is a term I don't particular like,it is one of those in phrases,now I believe this person is a genuine person,and what he said did apply to him. I suppose it is true we do have our comfort zones,yet  we must not live in guilt,should we feel guilt because God has blessed us,no, but we should bless others,blessings are meant to be passed on.Yet I know the Christian life presents to all of us a challenge,to be a witness [Acts 1 v8],to our neighbours,work mates, family, and to all we meet, that is a big challenge. Of course we may be challenged to leave all and to step out in faith, we can be sure if God wants us to do something He will make it plain, even though we ignore it,or run away from it,as Jonah discovered.If we are called to a particular work or task, then God will enable us to do it,as I look back in my times working in mental health, God has help me, and after 20years I praise God for all his help. Yes we all have our comfort zones but let us always by Gods grace rise to the challenges  that we are faced with.
 A  prayer.....Dear Lord help us to deny ourselves daily,and to take up our cross and to follow Thee. Amen/

No comments: