verse of the day

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Alone. [ Genesis 2 v18 ]

Imagine being on your own,you never have a visitor,if you have children they never bother with you,your neighbours never bother,the only phone calls you receive,are from sales people,and the only mail you receive is junk mail. The fact is you are alone,really alone ,although there are people all around you,you live in a prosperous country,but you are poor when it comes to friends. This can apply to many people,to the old,sick,poor,they have no one,they are alone,I have never been in that situation,but there have been times in my life when I have felt alone,yes really alone.In my case God did send people along to be my friends, I can see them now as I go down memory lane,and I thank God for everyone of them. Today let us remember the lonely those people who are on their own,those people we rub shoulders with,and if we can let befriend them,pray for them,yes they may be Christians, but they still can feel lonely, the word of God tells us it is not good for man to be alone i[ Genesis 2 v18]. A dear brother in the Lord was ill receiving treatment, I phoned him regularly, and he said to me that I was like a pastor to him,all I did was phone,no I did more than that I cared for him.Consider the importance our Saviour puts on caring,He declares,/Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,ye have done it unto Me[  Matthew 25 v40 ]
A  prayer...../Dear God help those dear people who are alone,use us to befriend them in some way in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: