verse of the day

Saturday 20 October 2012

A good name. [ Ecclesiastes 7 v1 ]

We are have built a summer house built,the man who is building it,is doing a lovely job,he has done a number of jobs for us,and we are very pleased with all he has done. He came recommended to us and he has lived up to his recommendation, we have had the other type of builders, and they were a nightmare.In Ecclesiastes 7 v1, we read,/A good name is better than perfume/,in other words ones reputation is important,the man who is doing work for us,does not advertise,he gets his work because of his reputation,he does a good job.A persons reputation lives on after they have gone,be it good or bad. As a Christian I am so conscious that my life should correspond with my name Christian, I am not talking about being a man pleaser, but a person who walks the walk,like those godly people who have gone before me .One of my prayers is that I may not leave my job under a cloud,which could so easy happen,that would break my heart. How will my children ,and my grandchildren, yes and even my wife remember me?plus the many others I come into contact with. In Proverbs 10 v 7 ,reads,/ The memory of the righteous will be a blessing, but the name of the wicked will rot.
 A prayer...../Dear God help us in all our dealings,and every in every aspect of our lives to live a life that will truly glorify You, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: