verse of the day

Sunday 27 November 2011

I will remember their sins no more. [ Jeremiah 31 v 31 - 34 ]

The Lord is my shepherd.[Psalm 23 v1] In John 10 we read how those hired to look after the sheep, will leave the sheep to their fate, if they are threatened, but not so with the one whose sheep they are. He will defend the sheep to the point of dying for them, all this reminds us of what Jesus did for His sheep, He died for them. The laying down of His life had to be ,if we were going to be saved, if He had not been willing to lay down His life, then there have been no salvation, we would have all perished in our sin, with all the consequences that would mean. No forgiveness, no acceptance with a holy God,there would be bo promise of a heavenly home, for nothing that defileth can enter heaven [Revelation 21 v 27 ] In His death that awful thing called sin was dealt with totally ,completly, [ Hebrews 7 v 27 ], Let me share another story from the book Ragamuffin Gospel, by B Manning. A minister was told that a lady in his church , was claiming to have visions of Christ [B M points out, that there is always a thin line between the authentic mystic and the lunatic fringe]so the minister goes to her, and says,is it true that you have visions of Christ?, yes the lady replied. Well the next time you have a vision ask Him what sins I last confessed to Him. The woman was stunned. Did I hear you right, you actually want me to ask Him this, to tell me your sins. Exactly, please call me if anything happens. Ten days later the lady notified the minister of a recent apparition, so the minister went to see her. He arrived and questioned her, so you saw Jesus?, well did you ask Him what I requested?. Yes I did ,and you know what He said, these are His exact words, I Cant Remember.
A prayer...../Dear God we praise You for our Saviour who died to save us,that through Him our
sins are forgiven , help us to accept this wonderful blessing, in Jesus name Amen ./

No comments: