verse of the day

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Gods spoilt children. [ Psalm 37 v 3 -4 ]

Psalm 23 v 2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leadeth me beside the still waters/ Now I want you to imagine that you are a sheep , you are walking through a dry and barren landscape, with not to much to eat or drink,what you are dying for, is lush pastures, and cool water to drink. The shepherd knows this, and I suppose he will deney them their hearts desire, no of course he wont, he loves his sheep, so he gladly leads them to the place of plenty. Our Lord is not out to deprive His sheep, He delights to bless ,sometimes we give the impression that all God wants from us is to suffer and go without, and He wouldnt give us a smile. Now I am not into the prosperity so called Gospel, but sometimes I think He loves to spoil us His children,in the nicest sort of way. I see this in so many ways, in the small things He gives me, and in the gracious way He treats me.
A prayer.....Dear Father in heaven, thank You for treating us Your children in such a generous
and loving manner, at times we feel that You spoil us, we offer our thanks to You
in our Saviours name Amen.

No comments: