verse of the day

Wednesday 30 November 2011

He restores. [ Matthew 11v 28- 30

He restoreth my soul [ Psalm 23 v3 ].We often apply this to a backslider but it has another meaning to it here, it applies to the child of God, who is exhausted, weary and sad. Oh yes Christians can feel like that ,the fact that David is inspired to write these words, bears out the truth that even the greatest of saints ,can feel washed out . Behind that smile there can be a sad heart,we must not judge others, or even ourselves, but simply be honest to ourselves and to our God. I like this reading from Matthew 11 v 28- 30 in the Message,/Are you tired? Burned out on religion, come to Me. Get away with me, and you will recover your life.I will show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me, watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I wont lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you will learn to live freely./ Last Sunday I went to minister at a church , and as I arrived , I felt weary,so I whispered a prayer, when I began to take the service, I felt God infused me, and enabled me to minister.
A prayer ...../ God, we are prone to so many things that wear us down , restore our souls
in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: