verse of the day

Monday 28 November 2011

A dependable Father. [ Matthew 6 v 24 - 34 ]

The Lord is my shepherd. [Psalm 23 v1 ], and then we read, /I shall want/, how often I have read those words, and depended on them. Why are these words there? to mock us in our times of need, no ,emphatically no, they are written out of Davids experience, in God, who keeps His word. It was God who moved David to write these words, so you and I ,would be encouraged to trust in the Lord ,who would provide for His children.When I was very young , my mum and dad seperated,a magisrtate made an order that my father was to pay my mother 25 shillings a week to help support his family,I had two older brothers and a sister ,well sad to say my dad never did pay my mother that princely sum of 25 shillings.The fact of the matter is, some fathers can not be depended on ,but from experience let me assure you, my loving Heavenly Fath er, can be depended on to look after His childrens needs.
His love in time past
Forbids me to think
He will leave me at last
In trouble to sink,
Each sweet Ebenezer
I have in review
Comfirms His good pleasure
To help me quite through.
A prayer..../Dear God we thank You for past mercies and trust You to undertake for us, all
our days, in Jesus name. Amen .

No comments: