verse of the day

Monday 20 July 2009

Listening [ Psalm 95 ]

Sometimes I am told , by she who must be obeyed, that I am not listening, if truth was told, she may be right, oh yes I hear her , but it does not register, my mind is on more important things , like the football. I suppose I have another reason, I am a senior citizen,and my hair is going,my teeth is going, and I can make the excuse that my hearing is going also, or mybe it is I dont want to hear what she is saying. I read these words in Psalm 27v8,/ My heart has heard you say, Come and talk with me. And my heart responds , Lord , I am coming/.Here is a person who is really listening, really focused on what God is saying, he listened with his heart, and He reponds from the heart. God often is speaking, but we are not really listening,because our minds are on other things,or we really dont take time to listen,or we may not want to face up to what God is saying, so we dont listen. Today let us listen from our hearts, to what God is saying, and respond from our hearts. [ Dear God,help us to listen to Your voice , from our hearts, and to respond from our hearts , in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: