verse of the day

Thursday 2 July 2009

The best translation. [ Matthew 7v 24-29 ]

We live at a time of many bible traslations, have I a favourite? I am not sure, I was brought up with the AV or the authorized version, it is called that because it was authorized by king James. Many people love this translation because of the language, or because like me they were brought up with it, so they have an emotional attachment to it. The AV is a great translation for memorizing , when I am preaching I often quote the AV, because in my early Christian life I memorized many scriptures from it. I rarely use the AV now in my daily readings, I have read many translation, and am using the, New Living Translation at this time, so what do I think is the best translation?. The best translation is the one we translate into our lives,be it the AV, or whatever,the word of God is not something to be worshipped, or admired for its language, it is meant to be obeyed, we all are meant to be living epistles, that all can read, and if we are not we are fooling ourselves, and building our lives on nothing of worth. [Father in Heaven we thank You for Your Word , we ask that you would help us to not just treasure it and read it but above all else to obey it, in Jesus name we ask this Amen ]

No comments: