verse of the day

Monday 5 December 2022

Don't anticipate. ( Genesis 27 v 41/ 33 v 1ff)

 A man watched his friend a sculptor working on a piece of marble,and he said to him,'I don't know where you are going with that', his friend said to him,'' in time you will''.It was Peter who was told by our Saviour, ''you do not realise  now what I am doing,but later you will understand''.(John 13 v 7) It was the apostle Paul who wrote,'Now I know in part; then I shall know fully' (1Corinthians 13 v12)Life being life, throws so many challenges at us,that  we cannot understand,and we may think where is God taking me in what I am experiencing ?. First let me say ,don't  anticipate the worse, the sky is not going to fall on you , the evil you fear may not happen, I remember reading of a man who had invested money for his company,and he lost it all. Later he was called in to see his boss, and before his boss had time to speak ,he  blurted out,I am sorry about that money that I invested,that went wrong. His boss looked at him and said,''don't worry about that,I have something else I want to talk to you about''. Remember it may never happen.

                                                 'Ye fearful saints ,fresh courage take,

                                                  The clouds ye so much dread

                                                   Are big with mercy, and shall break

                                                   In blessings on your head'

                                                         William Cowper.

No comments: