verse of the day

Saturday 30 May 2020

The must. ( 2 Timothy 4 v 7 - 8 )

The must of the Christian life, I must pray,I must read Gods  word,I must never slacken ,I must never give in,or give up.I cannot go back to what I once was, I must go forward, I must.The way may be difficult,trials  may be many,for I remember that my Saviour  said that in the world we shall have tribulation.I don't want to be a Judas who betrayed his master for 30 pieces of silver,or Demas who give up,because he loved the world ,or like those in the garden ,who forsook their Lord.I read the following,'Don't be so naive and self confident,that anyone of us could fall, flat on our faces,self confidence is not the answer,I need God-confidence, for without Him I can do nothing.Lots wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt, Jonah disobeyed and ended up in the belly of a great fish,for three days. Samson beguiled by a woman,lost his eyes and his freedom, godly David became the ungodly David when he gave into lust.Yes I must pray every day for only then will I finish the race,'Oh God give us all grace and ,enable us all to .fight the good fight,to finish the race,to keep the faith,in Jesus name Amen'.

No comments: