verse of the day

Tuesday 25 December 2018

Not knowing. ( Isaiah 55 v 8 - 9 )

Raymond Brown writing on Moses said,''Nothing mattered more to him than knowing, obeying and pleasing God.Moses knew that the things we wish for ourselves are always best for us.There are  times when only God knows the difference between what we merely want and what we genuinely need.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      A prayer by Austin Farrier.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        O God, save me from myself, this self which throws the                                                                          thick shadow of its own purposes and desires in every                                                                            direction in which I try to look, so that I  cannot see what                                                                        it is that you, my Lord and God are showing to me. Teach                                                                      me to stand out of my own light, and let your daylight                                                                           shine.  Amen.

No comments: