verse of the day

Saturday 29 December 2018

No escape.. ( 1 Corinthians 4 v 5 )

A Christian brother I know served as an officer in local government, he told someone that he was the only one who didn't take bribes,sadly that included Christians.We hear of countries where taking bribes is common place,but after hearing this, one wonders how prevalent it is in our country. I remember when I  was about to retire and one of my clients give me an envelope with a sum of money in it, it was a gift from him in relation to my retirement. I thanked him very much,said I was so grateful,but I  was sorry that I could not accept it because we were not allowed to. I hope I did not hurt that dear mans feelings,but I know I couldn't accept it.  If I had my conscience would have troubled me,and who wants to live with a guilty conscience?,it appears to me that some Christians are,the word of  God tells,that our sins will find us out ( Numbers 32 v 23 ).People who have committed crimes years ago are now being found out,because of  DNA testing..Recently  a Nazi prison guard  from a murder camp was put on trial in Germany, for the crimes he committed, he is a very old man, I suppose he had hoped that he had escaped  punishment for his crimes. Now of course many people do appear to escape the punishment for their crimes,as to earthly judgement, but they will not escape Gods judgement.  We are told clearly in Hebrews  9 v 27, that it is appointed unto men once to die, and after that the judgement.

No comments: