verse of the day

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Lost and found ( Luke 15 v 11 f f )

I was out doing my usual morning walk when I spied a wallet lying on the ground,I picked it up and looked inside,there was money , debit cards and a driving licence,with a name an address on it.So when I arrived  home I got into  my car,and went to the address ,a lady came to the door,and was ever so grateful.She said she was very religious and had been praying to Saint Anthony all night, and so I returned home. Two things in all this, the lost and found wallet reminds me of why Jesus came,it is seek and to save that which is lost ( Luke 19 v 10 ),not wallets but people,and not just certain people,all people.The word of God says ,'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved'. ( Romans 10 v 13 ) No one likes being lost,and it very serious, it means we are without God,without hope, for time and eternity.                                                                                                                                                                      I once was lost but now am found.

No comments: