verse of the day

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Hidden burdens [1 Peter 5 v7 ]

Many of us carrying in our hearts hidden burdens,the other evening I let my guard down and showed my emotions,after this ,I found myself wishing I had not  opened up,the way I did..It reminds me of the saying men don't cry,it may be there is a degree of truth in that saying,only a degree of truth. Jesus was called a man of sorrows,and He was not ashamed to weep openly,the prophet Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet. The hidden burdens we carry involve many things, bereavement, health,material things,caring for a loved one with dementia, singleness,divorce,being cut of from your children,a hurt from someone who you considered your friend,loneliness. Hidden burdens ,yes there are many who are carrying heavy ,hidden burdens,and carrying them all alone,I was watching a movie recently,an old man was angry, Christmas  had highlighted,and  increased his pain. In this movie he was going on angerly at a young woman,when all of a sudden it all stopped when she went over to him and gave him a hug,it didn't take away all the hurt he was feeling,but it did make a difference.People need others to care,and we should not underestimate this,which brings me to the season of Christmas,poor Christmas so much is loaded unto it,but the season does not love you,but the core meaning of Christmas is love,in the person of Jesus.This Jesus manifests Gods Love in its fullness,and longs for all of us to let Him come and gave us the biggest and greatest hug,we have ever had or experienced.
A  prayer..../ Dear God ,You sent Your dear son into this world,that we may experience Your love,thank You Amen/

No comments: