verse of the day

Thursday 12 December 2013

Christmas.[ Isaiah 53]

What is the meaning of the season?,will it end with just memories,or meaning?,will it end with your glass empty or your glass full?.Will the words merry Christmas sound very hollow?,will at the end of it, will you be saying whats the point of it?.Now I am not meaning to discourage you,I do hope you all have a happy Christmas,but the fact of the matter is,seasons come and seasons go,and what are we left with?.The puritans banned the keeping of Christmas I wonder why?could it be that they saw ,that instead of reminding people of Christ,it exalted only the season.Is that not whats happening in our society today,now I am  not saying that I would ban Christmas,even if I ruled the world,but I am saying,without the true meaning it has no meaning,eating drinking,buying and selling,cannot take the place of Christ. It becomes even less meaningful if you cannot afford ,to eat drink,and buy, I am not attempting to be Scrooge,yes enjoy  Christmas,it is a time of rejoicing,and in our rejoicing ,let us  proclaim the true meaning of the season,that babe in a manger who grew to manhood,and died on a cross,that our sins may be forgiven,His name is Jesus.
A prayer..../ Dear God we praise You for the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus,the Saviour of the world Amen/

No comments: