verse of the day

Friday 13 December 2013

Christ our foundation. [Romans 7v25. -8vv1]

In Romans seven Paul writes about the struggle he experience in his daily walk with Christ,he had a desire to do good, but it was not easy,evil is present. Can we not all identify with Paul? I know I can, I don't suffer persecution but I do at times feel under attack,and am so conscious,that I could so easily fall into sin, of the most gross kind. Yes I want to do good,but the flesh is ever present,will it get the victory,it did with David,if him why not me. I am no David,he was a godly man,a man who penned those wonderful Psalms,yet he fell into the most awful of sins[ 2 Samuel  11]. If he fell what chance do I have?,like Paul I cry out,/O wretched man that I am,who shall deliver me from this body of death?/,again a mighty apostle crying out,none of Gods children are no matter if they be apostles,or ministers,free from temptation,there are no exceptions.Inspite of his struggles Paul tells us ,and himself,that even though he was  weak,yes and struggling,he was no longer condemned ,because of Jesus[Romans 8 v1].When we are bombarded with temptation,think awful thoughts,we would want no one to know,we may think that we are not saved, that we must not be a Christian. Take heart dear child of God,Paul reminds us that through Christ we are accepted,and that Christ is our foundation.
A  prayer..../ Dear God we rejoice that in Christ we will never be condemned Amen /

No comments: