verse of the day

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Instilling fear. [ Psalm 23 ]

I  received one of those phone ,in which I politely say I am not interested,and then put the phone down,but I got sucked into this one ,and found myself listening to a very determined man. He went on about the possible short coming of an endowment I took out,even though I told him, I knew what I was doing,but to get home his point,he stated the amount I may loose out .he did not want to listen to me,he just wanted to make a killing,and so he said things that were unsettling,and sought to instill fear.I finished the conversation ,but I felt fear creeping in what if he is right,what if.?.The enemy of our souls wants us to run scared,panic and act in a way that will not be helpful,and so I prayed about it,brought it God, and as I did I remembered the exceeding a great promises,from a God who cannot lie [Titus 1 v2]. Yes if I was miss-sold it I should take action ,but I was not,the only action I am called to take is to trust in the Lord,whom I have trusted all my life,and have found Him faithful. I brought up 5 children, trusting in God to provide,He put shoes on their feet ,and clothes on their back, and food in their bellies. 
   A  prayer  by Charlotte Elliott..../O Jesus Christ my Saviour,we only look to Thee.
                                                        Tis in thy love and favour,our souls find liberty
                                                        While Satan fiercely rages,and shipwreck oft we fear.
                                                         Tis  this our grief assuages,that Thou art always near
                                                                                  Amen. .
                                                           lm 23 ]

No comments: