verse of the day

Friday 8 March 2013

O let me hear Thee speaking.[ 1 Samuel 3 v1-10]

I read one of my daily readings and it spoke to my heart,it made me aware of my vulnerability,and the cost of acting wrongly,but it also made me realise how much I need God.I am reminded of the prayer of Jabez,  in 1 Chronicles 4 v10./And Jabez called on the God of Israel,saying ,oh that Thou wouldest bless me indeed,and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that wouldest keep me  from evil,that it may not grieve me.And God granted him that which he requested./ Could it be  that is the prayer you need to pray today. The last part strikes a chord with me,/ that Thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me/. Keep from evil,the world, the flesh, and the devil,all these things are arrayed against us,and so it will be till the day we die and go to heaven. The devil may leave us for a season,but he will be back,the flesh our carnal nature,may be overcome today, but it will not give up, the world has many empty promises and allurements,yes there are pleasures promised,but it is usually the pleasures of sin. There are multitude of voices out there clamouring for our attention,today I heard the voice of God in my daily reading,His was the voice that mattered.J.E.Bode wrote, / O let me hear Thee speaking,in accents clear and still,above the storms of passion, the murmurs of self will. O speak to reassure me, to hasten or control, O speak and make me listen,Thou guardian of my soul/
A prayer..../Dear God speak to us,help  us, make us listen,and help us to obey, in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: