verse of the day

Saturday 9 March 2013

No resting on our laurels.[ Hebrews 2 v3 ]

In spite of all the wonders and miracles that Israel had witnessed, Moses warns them of the dangers of leaving the worship of the only God,and turning to worship ,idols,creatures,or the moon and stars [Deuteronomy 4 v 14ff]. Unfortunately that is what they did ,so often cp Ezekiel 8,continually God had to challenge them,as regards idolatry, even King Solomon fell prey to this,influenced by his wives. None us can be sure of how we will act, a lady in the church of which I was an elder, who professed faith in Christ,turned to Mormonism.Jim Jones who professed to be an evangelical, turned into a monster,and under his leadership,hundreds of his followers committed suicide.Germany the birthplace of the reformation,became the birthplace of the Nazi party , and all the horrors that brought.England once a place of a strong church .With each new generation,changes will come,and not always for the best.I know I am saved, I have been a minister,preached the word faithfully,even had the joy of seeing people being saved,but I realise,that I could be so easy led astray, yes I know I am kept by the power of God, as all Gods children are,but I know also that things can change, and often for the worse,there must be no resting on our laurels.
 A  prayer...../Dear God help us to stay faithful to Your truth,help us to be holy,help us to be on our guard continually, in Jesus name/

No comments: