verse of the day

Friday 22 March 2013

Helping others [Luke 10 v 29ff]

What would we do if no one give us a helping hand,I am fortunate,that my colleagues at work are very helpful. I saw a young mother today struggling with two children, and I offered to help,she refused.I also remember offering a mother and her young son a lift in my car,through the snow she also refused, and I felt she thought that I was going to take advantage of her.I to appreciate that offers of help can be misunderstood,may be I was unwise,but my motives were pure.God see's the heart.  Consider the people Jesus helped, why did they not rise up and save Him?,but they didn't.Continually we read in the Bible how God continually promises to help.CP   =  Isaiah 41v10/Psalm 121 v 1-2/, unfortunately so many people only come to God to help them, when in trouble.They just use God ,but don't want a relationship that interferes with their life styles, they will accept the gift of help,but not the giver of every good and perfect gifts.My mother used to say if you cannot help don't hinder,there is a lot of wisdom in those words,and many heartaches would mankind avoid having ,if they followed that advice.Now we are not adding up Brownie points ,every time we help someone,salvation is not by works, it is a gift of God.God is well pleased when we help others,when we do it ,with the right motives and right reasons, and don't expect to receive thanks, we may, but we may not, remember God maketh the sun to rise and shine on the just and the sinner[Matthew 5 v45 ]
A  prayer.../..Dear God thank You for all the help You give us,help us to be more like You in Jesus name Amen./

No comments: