verse of the day

Wednesday 13 March 2013

An evangelical church.[ Revelation3 v 7-13]

I come from Ulster, or Northern Ireland, it is a land that has known a lot of conflict,but it is also a land that is blest,in that, there are  so many fine gospel churches,I was privleaged from a child to come under the sound of the gospel. The church that I attended was an evangelical church in other words a church that believed fervently the word of God.In that church one heard regulary,the gospel. I remenber with a thankful  heart my pastor who is now in glory,preaching, of the night,over 48 yrs ago,entering the church building,and hearing him,and responding to the message,I cannot remember what he spoke on,but I praise God,that I responded, and so my life was changed, for evermore.I was restored to the good shepherd, my dear Saviour Jesus.In that church,I was fed spiritually,it was a  church that stressed the coming again of Jesus, and the importance of living in the light of that glorious event.In that church there was an active childrens work, pointing children to Jesus,for let us never forget that children need the saviour.It was an outward looking church,at times we attempted to reach the lost, by special evangelistic events,by door witnessing,and I remember we manned a bookstall each Saturday outside the church.It was missionary minded church,it supported by prayer,and giving, missionaries, one such man was Freddy Orr, a wonderful man of God, who served God in Brazil.So as I look back I thank God that I come from Ulster and that evangelical church on the Castlereagh Road in Belfast.
A  prayer..../ Dear God we praise You those faithful servants who were true to your word,help us to follow in there footsteps in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: