verse of the day

Monday 23 July 2018

The ministry ( Ephesians 6 v 19 - 20 )

My front door needed adjusted, the problem is who can I get to fix?, as I look back on jobs, people did for me,there were those who didn't do a very good job.Possible the problem with my door was caused by someone in the past.thankfully I got the door fixed,by a man who was well qualified.Now when it comes to the word of God, it is vital that I study Gods word,in order to explain it correctly ( 2 Timothy 2 v 15 ). When I was at Bible college ,one of the lecturers said,if one is called to the ministry,it will mean a life time of study. As Paul reminds in so doing we have Gods approval, I read different books, but my main reading and studying  is the bible. I have a library of books that aid me in my study,I use different commentaries, concordances, I  have just purchased  a bible with Strong's Hebrew and Greek dictionary of the Old and New Testament .I personally do not know Hebrew or Greek. In my studying of Gods word, I at all times hold fast to the truths therein,and preach it,it is a sad truth that many in the ministry do not hold to biblical truths,that is very sad, for they are doing untold damage to those they minister to. Sad though it may be I can only be responsible for my own God given ministry, I will not be accountable for those who do not preach  the whole council of God.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          A minister must preach the truth                                                                                                                the whole truth,and nothing but the                                                                                                                              truth.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments: