verse of the day

Friday 27 July 2018

God's way, God's word. ( Daniel 3 )

It is Selwyn Hughes who makes a very obvious statement that one of the purposes of the Bible ,not least being a manual of instruction.. The Christian is called to live in a God instructed way,which will differ from the non- Christian way. When I was young I visited a Salvation army meeting,there was  a young unmarried couple,and they had engaged in sex, the result was she became pregnant This was consider unworthy for a Christian, they  sought forgiveness at the mercy seat. I read in a news paper a young lady who said she would never dream of marrying someone, she had not lived with.So it is that Christians are engaging in similar practises, I highlight  these things but there are many other things we could mention,many Christians drink alcohol to access . .Now of course in raising these things we must never be like the Pharisees, who had a holier than I  attitude, Jesus  told us not to judge as the Pharisees did,but to judge righteous judgement ( John 7 v 24 ) The Pharisees were out for blood,stoning the order of the day, Jesus judgement was one that sought to recover  the sinner from  their sinful ways . I hope I have not strayed to far from my point,I will end by quoting S/H  who stresses one aspect of Gods word,'' is for us to  use as a manual of instruction, so that we can learn how to follow God and discover answers to the problems of daily living, and thus show the world a new approach to life''                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments: