verse of the day

Tuesday 24 July 2018

A book that changed my life ( James 1 v 20 )

I read an article written by a successful writer, called ,' Books that changed my life', it goes back to when she was an aspiring writer.I love reading ,the earliest books I remember where, 'Robinson Crusoe,' and 'Tom Sawyer'. Because I enjoyed them they encouraged me to read ,I  know some Christians do not read fiction,but I do,I enjoyed Robert Harris, book Conclave,a fictitious book on the electing of a new Pope, really compelling and fascinating .An  old friend passes on to me ,'Readers Digest', the first thing I turn to ,is the article called 'Laugh',it has 3 pages of jokes, I must ,I know ,what you are going to say,not a joke,yes  here goes,'' My grandmother started walking  five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we don't know where on earth she is''.Now in case you are one of those people  who would judge me, remember the bible says ,that there is 'a time to weep and a time to laugh'. ( Ecclesiastes 3 v 4 )
                                                        A prayer.                                                                                                                              Dear Lord we thank you for being able to                                                                                                laugh,that you give us a sense of humour.                                                                                                                       Amen.

No comments: