verse of the day

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Where do I go from here? [Psalm 32 v8 ]

Don Williams sings a song about being on strike,of his money running out,bills not paid,and he asks the question,where do I go from here?/On a popular TV programme  called Top gear, it is about cars,often expensive cars, and there are three presenters they often race and test cars. On a particular programme which was being filmed in Spain,the 3 drove up a mountainous road,when suddenly the road came to an end,it was a road going nowhere.Life can be like that the road we are on suddenly comes to an end and we ask the question where do we go from here?.You may have just retired, you may have lost your husband or wife of many years,maybe your health has brought you to a full stop,or the plans you had made have come to nothing.I remember when I finished Bible college no door had opened,and there have been so times,I have found myself wondering,where do I go from here?.Those times were testing times,difficult times,but somehow God guided me on to the next place. I am at the point were I may be retiring,the question is if I retire where do I go from there?The answer is to trust God,simple but true,God will not forsake us,He will be our guide until the day we die[Psalm 48 v14].God has brought you to this place,he will not as it were run of and leave you,no He will continue to guide
A  prayer..... Dear God we thank You that You have assured us ,that You will be our guide continually,help us to rest in that truth, in Jesus name Amen
.

No comments: