verse of the day

Tuesday 16 July 2013

What is really important? [Matthew 6 v33]

My pastor was raising the issue of our cultural emphases and how it may not necessary be in keeping with Gods kingdom, he raised the issue of eduction.We all appreciate the importance of education,and we all applaud the young girl from Pakistan, Malala,who has shown such wonderful courage in promoting the rights of women to have an education. In this world education is vital ,it can liberate people from poverty,gave them an opportunity to earn a living.I did not achieve much in my schooling, no O levels,,no qualifcations,but I did learn the 3 R's,for this I will always be grateful. A young girl in Burma who was taken into a Christian care home,where she received an education,said how she who was a nobody was now a somebody.Yes education is so very important,but our worth must never be equated with our education, do  we need to think about,the worlds stand on education ,and what should be the Christians position,are they the same?.  Things are not just black and white,but that does not mean we just go along without praying for Gods will on the matter,in all our ways we are to acknowledge Him,and then He will direct our paths.I did say to my pastor that the most important thing for any family is that God would save  everyone of their children, I will be pleased that my grandchildren have a good education,but that will not take them to heaven,will not free them from their sin.The world is full of many godless educated people,who make mockery of God,by their actions and words.
A  prayer......./Dear God help us to appreciate what You consider is important in life in Jesus name/

No comments: