verse of the day

Sunday 25 October 2009

Practicing what I preach.[ James 1 v22- 25]

I was thinking that it does not much to unnerve me, often people look at me they see a calm person , and of course most of the time I am, but then, something small happens, and I start to become anxious. Anxiety is something we all have to cope with,what can one do to cope with it?, well one of the the things I do is try to practice what I preach. I remember what I preached to others, and start to apply it into my life ,if it is to do with finance then I remember that I preached on the 23 Psalm, the Lord is my Shepherd,and I shall not want.If my thoughts are becoming negative, and unhelpful then I remember the words of Philippians 4 v8-9, that I am to let my thoughts dwell on what is true and honourable,right, pure, lovely and admirable. Whither one is a preacher or not, it is important to put into practice the word of God, to remind ourselves of what we have heard or read in every situation in life.[ Dear God help us to not just be hearers of Your word but doers ,in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: