verse of the day

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Keep right on to the end of the road.

The apostle Paul wrote ,I have finished my course,that means he had kept the faith, he had not given up in his following Jesus. If you read his life you would see just how much he had to cope with,2Corinthians. 11v23-27, imprisonments, floggings, being stoned, etc, but he kept his eyes on the prize, on the finish line. A song goes ,are you getting weary in the struggle of it all, well are you? be honest to yourself, and be honest with your Lord,there is a favourite song I often sing, it goes like this,I traveled down a lonely road, and no one seemed to care, The burden on my back drove me to dispair,I oft complained to Jesus how folk were treating me. And then I heard Him say so tenderly. My feet were also weary upon the Calvry road. The cross became so heavy I fell beneath the load. Be faithful weary pilgrim, the morning I can see,Just lift your cross and follow close to Me.

No comments: