verse of the day

Saturday 26 October 2019

I do not know. ( Proverbs 3 v 5 - 6 )

I find myself saying to my self ,''I don't know'',when I look at the political scene,there are so many things I do not know,I  do not know what I should pray about regards Brexit,in case you did not know,it involves the United Kingdom leaving the European Union. I do not know if I should pray for someone to be healed, I have to face the fact there is so much I don't know,and may never know,what about the will of God?R C Sproul  one of the most common things he is asked is,'how can I know the will of God for my life ?. He writes when we are struggling over the will of God for our lives we do well to begin with the words from Scripture,''The secret things belong to the Lord our God,but the the things that are revealed belong to to us and our children forever,that we may do all the words of the law( Deut 29 v 29 ) In these words we are reminded  of two things ,things secret, and things revealed,there are things we may never know ,but all knowing God knows all things,and That's were faith comes in. Then there are things we do know,to be holy,to be obedient, to be baptised,to do good works ,the ten commandment,to love God fully, likewise to love others,and so we could go on. Two verses help me a lot, Proverbs 3 v 5 - 6,

No comments: