verse of the day

Wednesday 10 July 2019

First car ( Acts 16 v 31 )

I suppose most people remember their first car,mine was an old Morris Minor, a car that was very popular ,over one million of them were bought. They were a very basic little car,and of course most cars were basic at that time.Modern cars are complicated beasts,I could have carried out some repairs on my Morris Minor,but not with my present car.Modern cars are better more reliable,comfortable,but having said that, I was very  grateful for that little MM, I travelled many miles in it,yes it was basic . Basic is not a bad thing,when it comes to biblical truth, the basics are vital,yet today I rarely hear the basics preached in my church, sad but true. People are not challenged to get saved,they are not clearly told that they are sinners,as we all are,oh no somehow that they will become a Christian. I trusted Jesus as a Child ,I remember it so well. The Children's speaker stressed the destructiveness of sin,so I accepted Christ,I thank God for the preacher who told forth the basics.

No comments: