verse of the day

Monday 4 March 2019

A Robin red breast. ( Romans 4 v 13 - 21 )

There is one bird I am very fond of, no not my wife, I mean the feathered kind, a Robin red breast,yet I never see any in my garden. We do put food out for the birds ,I even put up a little bird box ,and yet so far no tenants, I live in hope,maybe I should put a little sign up in the trees ,with the words home for let,and another with words ,'Robins welcome'. Just the other day I notice a Robin on a neighbours fence, maybe I should bribe it to come and visit my garden. I am sure you are wondering why I am writing this,so am I ,I suppose I am just sharing something with you, I suppose we all have something that we wish,that doesn't happen,but we can hope. Hope is so very important for all of us,it is devastating for someone to hear the words,'I am sorry, there's no hope'. There was a man in the Bible his name was Abraham ,he had a wife called Sarah and God promised him that  his wife would have a child ,and yet nothing happen,he grew older,and his wife grew older'They had reached the point were they could have no children, but Abraham believed what God had promised,we read that,hoping against hope he believed it would happen,and you know something , it happened. Who knows maybe a Robin will come into my garden one day,I can hope.

No comments: