verse of the day

Sunday 30 September 2018

She said I do not sin. ( Revelation 5 v 1 - 10 )

Having heard Joyce Meyer saying she did not sin ,as she was righteous,I must confess as a person who professes to being Christian, I wonder in amazement,that she could say such a thing.I know how easily it is to think  wrong thoughts, to speak wrong words,and to act in a wrong way. The great prophet Isaiah when he had a vision of  God ,cried out ,''Woe to me ,I am ruined. For I am a man of unclean lips,and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord almighty''. (Isa 6 v 5 ) Solomon in his prayer at the dedication of the Temple says,''For there is no one who does not sin ''  ( 1 Kings 8 v 46 ).John the baptist the greatest of the prophets, speaking of Jesus, he said,  he was not fit to carry His sandals.Paul the greatest of the apostles declared,'' I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature'' ( Romans 7 v 18 ). Jesus knew that we his disciples would sin,so he taught us to pray ,''forgave us our sins'' (Luke 11 v 4 ) John writing to believers ,wrote,''If we claim to be without  sin,we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us'', ( 1 John 1 v 8 ) The fact is we seek to be righteous, but while on planet earth,we can never say we do not sin,only when as it where, are feet stand on heavens shore can we say we don't sin,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 To say that one is righteous,                                                                                                                        and does not sin,is to declare                                                                                                                      ourselves, to be self righteous.

No comments: