verse of the day

Monday 19 November 2012

Witnessing. [ Acts 1 v8 ]

One of my sons told me of someone who said that witnessing is only the task of the evangelist,of  course this is utterly wrong ,when our saviour spoke the words go [Matthew 27v19],He did not say for just Evangelist to go. In Acts 8 we read of a time of persecution,men and women were suffering ,this caused them to be scattered everywhere, and in v4, we read that they went everywhere preaching the word.I don't thing I am an evangelist but I do know I am called to evangelise. It causes me great frustration that I don't tell more people about Jesus,there are no exemptions in the task of witnessing, it is all hands to the task. The gospel is not only a wonderful gift we have received, but it is a gift we are called to share with others. Yes we are not called to leave it to the professionals, yet  maybe in witness we will discover that we are an evangelist. I appreciate that we may find it hard to witness ,we may not feel like doing it, because of our natural reserve,or the fear of becoming unpopular,but God can help us, we have the Holy Spirit, who can empower us ,grants us the words to say,and can use us in ways we never expected.
A  prayer...../Dear Lord help us to be witnesses for You, with our words and our lives . Amen/

No comments: