verse of the day

Sunday 18 November 2012

Justice/ Mercy .[ Titus 3 v 1 -7 ]

  Gandhi said,,/ An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind/,now I don't understand fully the situation between Israel and Palestine.but I sometimes think that both sides practise that biblical instruction,and it definitely appears that both sides are going to end up blind.I wonder what you think of these words an eye for an eye?,I would think it is a statement about justice,and of course we need justice.Now of course God is a just God , He is the ultimate judge we will have to do with, but He is also merciful, continually in the Bible we are reminded of Gods mercy. Again a quotation from William S  / The quality of mercy is not strained. It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven. Upon the place beneath, it is twice blest. It blesseth him that gives, and him that takes./ We will always need justice, but we most surely always need mercy. I love the words of that old hymn by W .R, Newel./Years I spent in vanity and pride,caring not my Lord was crucified.Knowing not it was for me He died/That was once my condition , a sinner who was blind to Gods love in Christ, and if I remained like that I would only ever experience a just Gods wrath. But thankfully by Gods grace I was brought to a place of mercy as the chorus in that old hymn tells us. / Mercy there was great, and grace was free,pardon there was multiplied to me. There my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary./
A  prayer...../Dear God help us to appreciate that You demand Justice as regards sin, and hep us to see that the only way we can escape that justice is by accepting Christ as our Saviour, Amen /

No comments: