verse of the day

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Acceptance ( 1 John 5 v 14-15 )

                                                         'God grant me the serenity

                                                     to accept the things I cannot change,

                                                     courage to change the things I can,

                                                      and wisdom to know the difference'

Seemingly next to the Lord's prayer,it's the most used prayer in the world,I am sure it's not meant to be negative,some people may see it as that.  I think we balance it up by mentioning the will of God, is it always God's will to heal,to deliver us?.The fact is some things don't change even though we pray ,and pray,and pray, 2 Corinthians 12 v 7ff, yes with God all things are possible, that is very obvious,and we are encouraged to pray in faith for God to answer our prayers,which He does, If you are a Christian then God has answered the most important prayer you have ever uttered,the prayer to be saved.It didn't stop at that as Spurgeon says everyday that you are a Christion is a miracle.Over my long Christian life God has answered so many of my prayers,for four years my then wife and I trusted God to meet our needs while at Bible college,and He did,it was a trial but God brought us through it.God will answer our prayers ,but this is the key thing, if it be His will.this is not to discourage us praying,keep praying,in His will He will answer our prayer.If he doesn't then it was not His will. The prayer we are considering stresses the things we must do ,and what we must accept.

No comments: