verse of the day

Sunday 17 November 2019

Fear ( 1 Corinthians 2 v 3 )

I  have a fear of heights, I don't know  why I have this fear,it does not effect me flying,or indoors, but it appears to kick in in very exposed places. Now I have just been to see a movie called,'The Aeronauts', it seemingly is based on a true event. There are two main characters in the movie and one is a scientist. He wants to prove that if one goes high enough one can forecast the weather.So this is what they do,but to my surprise as they ascended into the atmosphere ,I felt fear,I wondered will I be able to stay in the cinema ,but I did,and in spite of my fear I enjoyed the movie,and encourage you to go and see it. Now of course I am a Christian a minister,should fear grip me?, should I feel condemned ?,no, thankfully it does not effect my life,I am not going to take up mountain climbing.All I know is I have fear as regards certain aspects of heights, it is part of my frail humanity,God understands,and loves me,and he loves you to, in spite of your fears.

No comments: