verse of the day

Sunday 6 October 2024

They are watching.(Acts 16 v 22- 25 )2

 So Naomi decides to go back home,but she  was a considerate woman,and she looked at her two daughter-in-laws,and spoke to them urging them to go back to their mothers home,she kissed them goodbye,but they were reluctant to leave,asking her  to let them return with her to her people. Again she reasoned with them,they were both crying,Orpah decided to return, so she  kissed Naomi and left,but Ruth clung to Naomi refused to leave and this is what she said  'Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you.Where you go I will go and go,and where you stay I will stay.Your people will be my people and your God my God.Where you die  I will die, and there will I be buried.May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so s'everely, if even death separates you and me.( Ruth1 v16-17)  Ruth is no longer talking like a gentile,but like a child of God, It does not record when the change came,but it is obvious that the godly family she had married into had made a deep impression on her ,she grew to love her mother-in-law,but also to leave her false religion.She had lived with Naomi,had witnessed  as one writer puts it ,'Nomi's experience of grace through affliction as a persuasive testimony '.How we endure in our trials  can have a  profound affect on the Ruth's of this world.People are watching us not so much in our prosperity,but in our trials, may God help to be a Naomi.

                                                     'Let us be a light shining in the darkness'

 

No comments: