verse of the day

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Glory will be glorious. ( John 14 v1 -3 )

 As I got into bed recently,I said,'Another day over,where is it leading  me?, I suppose I should have asked, 'where is He leading me?'  Joseph H.Gilmore wrote .

                                             'He leadeth me! O blessed thought!

                                              O words with heavenly comfort Fraught!

                                              Whate'er I  do,where'er I be,

                                               Still'tis God's hand that leadeth me'.

Where am I heading to? we are not on a road leading to nowhere,we are not just going round in pointless circles, God is a God of purpose,and the purpose He has for all His children, is to bring them to glory Hebrews 2 v10. FF.Bruce says ,'Christ is the Saviour who blazed the trail of salvation along  which alone God's ''many sons'' could be brought to glory'. Nothing can stop that happening , absolutely nothing.Al  Jolson sung a song with the words,'we'll make a little heaven right here on earth' Belinda Carlisle sung a  song with the following words ,''Heaven is a place on earth''. It is not possible, people who think that way,are deluded,listen to the news,read history.look at all the suffering there is in life,the castles we build ,soon crumble into dust,they are also like  sand castles,that are washed away when the tide comes in. The Bible speaks of heaven as being glory,because it is glorious in every way. John Lennon wrote, 'Imagine there's no heaven', but praise God there is a heaven,and Jesus is going to bring us there. God is leading His Children ? .to heaven, that is His desire.

                                 Father,I want those you have given me to be with me 

                                            where I am,and to see my glory.'

                                                                John 17 v24

No comments: