verse of the day

Thursday 10 October 2024

God is faithful. ( Hebrews 13 v 6)

 Recently I had Cataract surgery on my left eye ,it went fine, and I hope to have the other eye done shortly, well this has brought me a little problem, I can't always remember how to prononce the word Cataract,so  I wrote it on the palm of my hand. This reminded me of the words in Isaiah 49 ,I will come to the words shortly , but lets look  at the context,Isaiah had prophesied that Israel would be taken to Babylon ,( Isa 39 v 5 -6) he also prophesied their return (Isa 49 v v8ff),but the people found it hard to believe,they had suffered a great deal,and had lost much,and were filled despair,here is what they said,' The Lord has forsaken me,the Lord has forgotten me'.v14.Forsaken and forgotten even by God ,sometimes the trials that we face can overwhelm us,and we feel  like Israel of old,and we say where is God ?,has He forsaken ,and forgotten me?. God replied  with very reassuring words,'Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?  Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands' .(Not just one hand ,but both hands ) As with Israel of old, apply these words into  your situation  ,He hasn't forsaken you,nor forgotten you,it could be that it may help us to write those words on the palms of our hands,yes both hands, and they will remind us daily that God's presence is with  us ,in our darkest trials ,and experiences.

                                                  'Forsaken ,forgotten,by God?

                                                                 'Never'

No comments: