verse of the day

Monday 16 July 2007

God speaking

I preach on regular bases, it never ceases to amaze me how God helps in giving me words to preach,I wonder just how many times I have preached? many, many times . Preaching is many things, an adventure into the unknown, with hopefully God guiding, There are three stages , first , discovering what to preach, secondly, studying it, thirdly preaching it. I preached a word yesterday on Psalm 14, I had three points, [1] The unbeliever. [2]The unbelievable statement. [3]The ultimate security. There is benefit in having points , a local minister I know is being criticised , because he does not always use three points,to that I would say, the problem is not the minister . Moving on ,I was driving in my car recently, and I was feeling hard done by,I turned on the radio ,BBC, 4, and I heard someone singing an old hymn ,by John Bunyan, just the first verse, it goes like this,{ He who would valiant be, gainst all disaster, let him in constancy ,follow the Master,Theres no discouragement shall make him once relent, His first avowed intent, to be a pilgrim} God had spoken to me.

1 comment:

john heasley said...

I haven't had a chance to look at your blog lately, thats a great post Dad