verse of the day

Monday 30 September 2024

Suffering for Christ ( 1 Peter 2 v 23 )

 Many people around the world are suffering for Christ,there are two brothers in Christ in Eritrea who have been in prison for 20yrs,in Iran, Mina and Malihe have been sent to prison for six yrs,there seems to be no let up in the persecution of Christians.There is a church in China called the Early Rain Church, in Dec 2018 there was a large crackdown by the authorites,,Pastor Wang Yi was arrested and sentenced to 9yrs in prison,of course they declared why he was imprisoned,they said he was guilty of underming the power and authority of the state,plus he was involived in illegal business operations. After his trial he wrote the following.

                                            'If anyone attacks me,I will be as meek as a lamb.

                                             If anyone attacks the church,I will be as brave as a lion.

                                             If this is from the Lord, I will not open my mouth.

                                             I gave my opinion of those in power out of love

                                             rather than hatred. Only by being obedient when

                                             arrested could I  let all see that I was truly motivated

                                             by love'

                       'Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow 

                        His steps.Who committed no sin ,Nor was deceit found in His mouth.'

                                                                   1Peter 2 v 21-22








No comments: